How To Make Internet Connection Faster
When loading a website in your browser, you want it to load in seconds. But when it doesn’t, it’s incredibly frustrating. Even more frustrating is when it takes forever to download a small software file to your computer. Problems with a slow internet connection is a very common problem and many things can cause this problem. You need to check some things before you grab the phone a call your internet service provider, it’s a good idea to have done your own research before you give your ISP a hard time.
How To Make Your Internet Connection Run Faster!
1. Check your equipment. You can restart your router or home network. This usually increases your internet speed. Make sure you use a router or a switch and not a Hub. Hub’s are not capable of directing traffic properly.
2. Go to Uswitch and test your broadband speed. If you get a good result you need to proceed to step 3, otherwise you can call your ISP and ask if your connection is substandard or just bad, don’t yell, be nice.
3. A slow computer also means a slow internet connection. You can do a basic computer maintenance to speed up things, such as a disk defrag, remove old and temporary files, scan your hard disks with your anti-virus program, empty your recycle bin and scan your registry with a registry cleaner etc. If you do a computer maintenance on a regular basis, your computer will perform much better.
4. Optimize your internet browser cache so it doesn’t download the same files over and over again. It’s easy to do, In Explorer just click on the tools button, then click on the internet options tab, click on the Settings button next to Temporary Internet Files. Set check for newer versions of stored pages to Automatically. In Firefox you just go to Tools, then click on the Options tab and go to the Privacy tab and click on the Cache tab and set it to automatic. Don’t empty the cache, otherwise your computer have to download all the files again, when you visit a particular website.
5. Upgrade your equipment. If you have an old and slow computer, it doesn’t matter how fast your internet connection is, you can only access the internet as fast as your computer allows you to. Make sure you don’t have an old router, many older routers cannot handle speed over 10 Mbps even if you got a 100 Mbps connection.
6. Make sure you don’t have too many programs using your internet connection. It can slow down your internet speed a lot. To test and see which programs that are using your connection, just open up the Command prompt and write: netstat -b 5 > activity.txt, wait at least a minute, then hold down Ctrl and press C. Write activity.txt and press enter. You will now see a list of programs that are using your internet connection. Make sure you run the Command prompt in Administration mode, otherwise it may not work.
7. If your internet connection is unusually slow, that’s a sign of a virus or malware infection. Take appropriate actions and scan your system with your anti-virus program, check this step by step guide on how to remove malware.
Check this Video On How To Increase Your Internet Speed:
A computer will get filled with files and programs as time goes by and to prevent this from having a negative effect on your internet connection, always keep 20% of free space on your C:/ disk. If your computer has a hard time loading files and programs, your internet connection will also have a hard time performing. I hope you like my guide, and if you do, please share it with your friends.