How To Get Rid Of Malware
You don’t have to be an inexperienced computer user to get infected by malware. It can happen to anyone, even the top computer technicians can fall victims of nasty malware. A malware can cause a lot of problems and it’s very important to get rid of it as soon as possible. Malware is a devious software that is designed to gain access to your computer system and take control of security functions etc. It can also open the door to other more nastier viruses that can cause severe damage to your computer.
How To Get Rid Of Malware On My Computer?
1. Disconnect your computer from the internet and all other networks that’s connected to your computer. Backup important files that you don’t want to lose.
2. Restart your computer and start tapping the F8 key. This will start the advanced boot menu. Select the safe mode option and press enter to start Windows in safe mode. Some malware is self-starting and running in safe mode will stop them from starting.
3. Right click on your internet connection icon and open network and sharing center. Click on the Change adapter settings link. Remove anything that you do not recognize or that look suspicious in your network connection menu.
4. Reboot your system and run it in safe mode again. This will take care of the surface malware that use your connections to invite other viruses and spyware.
5. Open your control panel and click on the uninstall a program link (“Add/remove”). Delete adware and ActiveX controls. If the ActiveX controls you want to remove doesn’t show in the list. Type in this in the run box: regsvr32 c:\windows\occache\filename.ocx /u. Replace the word filename with the name of the ActiveX control you want to remove. An easier way to get rid of ActiveX controls is to use a registry cleaner.
6. Empty and delete your Web browser cache, temporary internet files, cookies and your Web browser history. Don’t forget to empty your recycle bin.
7. Windows got a built-in firewall, but if you got malware, it’s not enough. You need to install a third party firewall program and get it running. Your anti-virus program developer usually got firewall programs you can use. Log on the internet and scan your computer for viruses you might have missed. Reboot your computer and hopefully, you have removed the malware that caused the problem.
It is very important to always keep your anti-virus program updated with the latest version and functions. It is also a good idea to install a good firewall, and to prevent your computer from getting infected with malware again, be careful about which websites you visit when you search online.
There are programs that are designed for taking care of malware. It can be a good idea to invest in such a program if there’s more than one user on your computer. Preventive care is the best care, so it’s much better to be safe than sorry and I hope that you now know how to get rid of malware or know how to prevent them to enter your computer. I hope you like my guide, and if you do, please share it with your friends.